You slide down into the tube, but get going a little too fast, and end up plunging deep beneath the surface of the Slime into a moist, claustrophobic little pocket of air.
The Slime looks weird from down here -- you can see all kinds of objects, animal, vegetable, and mineral, that have been absorbed into the mass over countless eons. Lots of toys and sporting goods, for whatever reason.
At the base of the pocket of air there's what appears to be a massive gall bladder, filled with pulsing green bile and attached to the mass of slime with a bunch of little veiny ducts. Dangling at the top, there's what appears to be a... uvula. That's weird.
|Tickle the uvula|
- First time, if the difference between # of tickles done and # of times a slime absorbed a rusty item is less than 5 :
You tickle the uvula. The Slime around you begins to pulsate spastically. You squirm back up to the surface and out of the tube.
- First time, if the difference between # of tickles done and # of times a slime absorbed a rusty item is exactly 5:
You reach for the uvula, but before you can tickle it, it withdraws into the Slime and out of reach. Ah well.
- Subsequent times, or after squeezing:
You reach for the uvula, but before you can tickle it, it recoils from you and disappears into the mass of Slime. Looks like the Slime still remembers you from last time.
|Squeeze the gall bladder|
- First time, if fewer than 5 bladders have been squeezed and you have not tickled:
You grab the gall bladder and give it a mighty squeeze, sending bile streaming out through the ducts and into the mass of Slime. It begins to quiver with something that resembles rage, and you decide that this would be a pretty good time to make your exit. You squirm out of the Slime and back up into the basement.
- After squeezing or tickling, if fewer than 5 bladders have been squeezed:
You reach for the gall bladder, but before you can get hold of it, it recoils from you and disappears into the mass of Slime. Looks like the Slime still remembers you from last time.
- If 5 or more bladders have been squeezed:
You reach for the gall bladder, but before you can squeeze it, it withdraws into the Slime and out of reach. Ah well.
|Squirm back out|
You don't like the looks of this place one bit. You hastily squirm back out and head back up to the basement.
Occurs at The Slime Tube.
- Each time the uvula is tickled, one of the following slime-covered items can be created. To get the slime-covered item, you must be wearing the corresponding rusty item. Each time you are attacked by a Slime Monster during combat, there is a chance you will see a special combat message where one of your equipped rusty items is removed. You have to use delaying tactics until you get this message. The one removed is randomly determined if you are wearing more than one. Upon defeating the slime, and only on defeating it, you will receive the slime-covered version of that item. Ending the combat in some other way, by losing, running away, tattering or reaching the 30-round limit will waste the tickle and the item. All slime-covered items (with the sole exception of the staff) can be smithed with a caustic slime nodule to gain an improved item.
- The person who tickled the uvula need not be the person who can get a slime-covered item. Anyone who is wearing an appropriate rusty item can end up getting a slime-covered version.
- Each time a gallbladder is successfully squeezed, the effective Monster Level of The Slime Tube is increased by 20. Slime HP, however, is increased by 30 by each squeeze.
- The message for sliming rusty items is
- The Slime draws back and shudders, as if it's about to sneeze. Then it blasts you with a massive loogie that sticks to your <base rusty item>, pulls it off of you, and absorbs it back into the mass.
- If you did not succeed in squeezing or tickling, an adventure is not used.
- Once you squeeze one of the parts, you can never squeeze OR tickle again during the current run – even ascension doesn't allow another squeeze. Likewise, once you tickle a uvula, you can never tickle OR squeeze again during the current run. It's one ACTION per player per run, whether that action is a squeeze or a tickle.
- You can, however, slime multiple items (at a rate of one item per combat), provided that other people supply the tickles.
- You can slime an item after Mother Slime is dead, using a copied slime, if there is a tickle available.